Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Losing Weight

This is probably a standard resolution on everyone's list.  I know it's been on mine for probably 20 years!  You know it's as simple as exercise and eating right, so why is it so hard?  I wish I knew the answer.  I'm willing to work at, I know I need to in order to have the life I want.

So last night was the weigh in for the local Biggest Loser contest.  329.4 - The number didn't surprise me, I've been at that number for awhile.  The competition is for 10 weeks and the winner gets a cash prize.  I'm hoping that will just add to my motivation.  Last year's winner lost 17% of their body weight, so my goal is to lose 20% by the last weigh in.  All I have to do is exercise and watch what I eat.  I saw a nutritionist in the fall and I think she said that my calorie intake should be about 1700 calories.  I'm not positive on that but I can't find the paperwork she gave us so I'm going on memory! (yet another thing I want to work on) 

Normally I would try to come up with a elaborate exercise schedule and routine and planned out menu.  But I'm going to try it a different way this time.  I'm going to make a goal of exercising every day and watching what I eat- preferably an hour a day and keeping a food log.  But if I don't do both of those every day that's ok.  Weekly weight loss goal is 7 lbs to get to the 20% lost.  I think if I'm CONSISTENT I can do it.  That's the key CONSISTENCY.  I just have to remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment